Follow me @maggielalala



Friday, April 22, 2016

Travelogue: Beachytrios to BKK

27 January 2016

Beachytrios came about a few years ago when we went to Bali together. It was an awesome and memorable trip and when Pk was back in town in January, we had a Beachytrios part 2 to BKK. Poor Gina was working while we had fun but we didn;t forget you girlie! Always in our hearts <3



It was a super early morning flight. We even had supper together till like 1am the night before. #overlyattachedfriends


Scooting off!




Yes I am!

Arrived in Bkk and it was a 17 degrees! First time experiencing this chilly-ness in Bkk! When is our turn in Singapore?? But I guess when that day comes, it only means the world is dying..... Hahaha

Cabbed to our hotel. This time round we did not choose our usual Pratunam to stay at. Decided to be more adventurous and tried our a new area! 

THA Hotel

Very pretty and hipster-ish as you can tell!

Love the lights!

Since our rooms weren't ready, we decided to sit at the cafe, prepare ourselves and have some coffee (not me though, not a fan of coffee!)

Light Loft Bar
Look at this cafe, sooo pretty! The whole place was made up of 100s of lights, because they actually sell these!




Of course we started our "photoshoot" right away HAHAHA #VAIN














Don't know why she was so excited hahahaha







Finally we decided to move on to have lunch!

Karmakarmet Diner



I am ABSOLUTELY in love with this cafe. It screams "LET ME BE HERE FOREVER" for me. The cosy vibes, and vintage feels just makes me want to spend all day here. I will definitely return here every time I'm back in Bangkok!

I ordered their breakfast set and it came with a juice PLUS a tea. How worth it!


Food was really good as well





Of course we were not gonna leave here without ordering the Strawberry in the Clouds dessert. Seen it all over instagram and now I'm finally trying it!


Super cute please





Beneath this beautiful candy floss lies a cute little strawberry cake!

Gonna spam more pics of this cafe!



LOVE THE DRY FLOWERSSSS

They also had a corner selling stuffs like essential oils, body lotions and what not. All made by them! How interesting









Moved on to Union Mall for some shopping!

Dinner was at a random road side stall outside union mall.


Yummy!!

Back to our hotel and finally, had the keys to our room!

The room was pretty nice and spacious. Only concern we had was that it was a little too dark. Joke of the stay: We could rent some lights from the light loft bar downstairs HAHAH



Day 2: 28 January 2016

The Commons

The Commons is a new hang out spot in Bangkok and we totally loved this place! It is made up of different restaurants and cafes and just many common area to chill.




Roast
We had our Brunch at Roast, which I have been wanting to try since forever!




Espresso cubes



My truffle pasta! Everything and anything truffle is a yesssss



Enjoyed the food and ambiance!

Photoshoot time once again hehe










Audrey Cafe

Such beautiful, princess-y deco!




Thai crepe cake + Milo crepe cake








Romantic with my girls

And we went to Pratunam market to shop!! Felt so happy to be back there heh

Fried chicken wings, our favourite! So sinful but YUMZ


Street side dinner!



Day 3: 29 January 2016

Went for a hot yoga session at Hot Yoga Bangkok in the morning. Loving the whole experience :) Plus, it was complimentary for first timers!

Goofing around in another cafe at our hotel



Organika Cafe

Choosing our tea

The prettiest cafe just yet!! Just what we needed after a whole intense morning hahaha. There is a real tree right in the middle of the cafe!!










We ordered a tea set for 3. It was pretty pricey, so of course we spent the next 30 mins taking photos with it to make it worth it LOL









After you

MY FAVOURITE THICK TOAST!!!!! It now comes in Mini sizes, how cute! We ordered that to share since we were rather full! Not THAT shiok as compared to the normal sized one but craving still satisfied!

Jane's mom joined us so we waited for her before having dinner nearby! Food was goood!

Day 4: 30 January 2016

On Lok Yun







Traditional breakfast! Love the Kaya!


Milo tins from different generations

First time taking a bus in Bkk




Chatuchak Market




What on earth happened to the cooling weather?!? It was a freaking hot day at Chatuchak gosh!

Smoothies are much needed!

Bar B Q Plaza

Mookata time!


Rod Fai Market 2




My watermelon drink is cooler than yours!

And suddenly... my on-screen bf walked into the pic. LOLOL Jane literally laughed out loud after taking this pic HAHAHA

Really cute. But too sweet


Celebrated Jane's mommy birthday at 12 midnight! Happy birthday auntie!

This place is sooo hipster!




Day 5: 1 February 2016

Pratunam


Back to pratunam for more last minute shopping! And outfit twinnies strike again! Heh

Pk and I also did teeth whitening at Smile Dental!

Review:
It was really cheap! I think I paid around 9000 Baht for it which is about SGD 380?? Half price of Singapore's! The doctor was pretty rough to me... But Pk said she was gentle to her (we had the same doctor). Probably because I was the last patient of the day so she wanted to go home faster?? Hahaha. The process hurt a little bit but it was still bearable. I found the most painful part to be the time when they removed the cotton wools that were placed on my gums before the treatment started.

After the treatment ended, my teeth started to feel so sensitive and it hurt from time to time. It was that kind of sharp pain all of a sudden that came from no where, which will be gone a few seconds later. Pretty torturous!! For me, the pain for worst throughout my night and I couldn't even eat dinner well. A few hours later it got so painful I even had to take panadols! However, I was told this is normal and it would be totally fine by day 3, which was the case.

The effect was not bad, my teeth really looked at least 2 shades whiter! Hopefully it stays this way!

Alright, feeling so super long winded. Haha! Last but not least, here's a little vlog that I made for this trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment